NO HIDDEN FEES
NO CONSULTATION FEES
NO DRAWING FEES
NO SET UP FEES
LOW MINIMUM CHARGE
For more information, please
"New Dimension Tattoos is the best place in town for customer service."
Aftercare For Tattoos
- The bandage must be left covering the tattooed area for no less then 12 hours and not more than 24 hours after the "finished" of the tattooing process. Do not remove this bandage before the time given to avoid possible contamination causing infection.
- After the removal of the bandage, the tattooed area is to be washed gently with clean hands, using a mild non-perfumed or anti-bacterial soap. Rinse with warm water, then gently pat dry, using a clean towel or a disposable towel. Leave your tattoo to dry for the first 24 hours without applying any aftercare lotion. Start using your aftercare lotion the following day.
- Apply a thin coat of lotion. We recommend Perfect CBD Tattoo Aftercare, Tattoo Goo lotion, H2Ocean skin cream or Lubriderm Unscented. Gently massage a small amount of one of these products into the tattooed area. This procedure should be repeated approximately 3 or 4 times a day for the next 2 weeks, with the exception of Perfect CBD Tattoo Aftercare which is used only 1 time a day for 2 weeks. The use of Polysporin, Vaseline, Vitamine E ointment or any other produces is not recommended due to the negative effects they have on the healing of your tattoo. Discontinue the use of your aftercare product if you are experiencing a burning sensation that lasts 60 seconds or longer. Burning sensation can be a sign of a mild allergic reaction that can cause damages to your tattoo. Contact your tattooist for a suggestion of another healing cream. However it is common to experience slight burning of your tattoo os skin if your tattoo session lasted 1 hour or longer. In this case the burning will be normal subsde after 20-40 seconds after the application of your lotion.
- It is important that you apply only a thin layer of your aftercare product on your tattoo. Leaving a thick layer of any product on your tattoo will cause scabbing and damage to your tattoo. Improper care of your tattoo can leave your tattoo dull and spotty.
- If your tattoo session lasted 1 hour or longer you might be experiencing some soreness or redness around your tattoo. This normally lasts approximately 3-4 days. If you have any redness or any other discomfort after the forth day, your tattoo may be getting irritated from your clothing or anything touching it or rubbing on it including blankets, sheets, watches, necklaces, socks, pants, etc.
- The tattooed area, while healing, should always be kept clean. Exposure to dirt, dust, and other contaminants should be avoided. Oral and body fluid exposure, such as sweat, should be avoided until the healing process is completed.
- The tattooed area must also stay dry during the healing process. The use of water on the tattooed area must be avoided for 2 weeks to insure the area does not scab during healing. Scabbing causes damages to your tattoo by pulling the pigment out of your tattoo too early, leaving whitish spots in your design.
- Within approximately a weeks time the tattooed area will peel slightly, appearing much like a sunburn. Seeing flakes of colour from the tattoo is normal, don't let it worry you. However if your tattoo starts to scab contact your tattooist so they can help you figure out the cause of your scabbing. Scabbing is a sign of irritation which may happen for a various reasons. DO NOT PICK at the tattooed area, do not scratch or bump the tattoo during your healing time to avoid damages to your tattoo. Also loose, clean, soft clothing should be worn to avoid irritation to the tattooed area.
- UV exposure (sun, tanning beds, etc.) must be avoided during the healing process (2 weeks). The use of a sun/UV block is recommended after the completion of the healing process to avoid damages to the skin area that has been tattooed
- Due to different skin types, touch-ups may be needed. There is a $30 (before tax) set-up charge for all touch-ups within 4 months of original tattoo session. After 4 months, all touch-ups will be charged at the regular hourly rate due to elements beyond our control, such as skin types, sun tanning, stretch marks, etc. A full hourly charge will apply to all touch ups needed due to negligence.
REMEMBER: After care of your tattoo is one of the most important steps in having a great tattoo